THE NM App ‘survey’ questions were rather like an Arnab Goswami interview of Modi: cosy questions designed to elicit pre-scripted answers, no room for questions or answers that might be inconveniently critical of Modi or demonetisation! It did not even give the ‘disagree’ option on the most crucial questions, and implied that all critics are pro-corrupt and pro-terrorist. Moreover, this app-based ‘survey’ was a farce given that a mere 17% of Indians (obviously very few in rural India) use smart phones. Instead of this rigged ‘survey,’ we compiled a set of questions a responsible PM should have asked but Modi did not, followed by a set of political questions Modi should answer – in Parliament, in the media and public – but won’t.
1. How much time did you stand in queues at the bank/ATM?
2. Have you been able to withdraw the amount you need? If so, how many attempts did it take?
3. Are ATMs/Banks in your locality supplied with adequate cash?
4. Does your local grocer, tea vendor, vegetable vendor, canteen, milk vendor, school etc accept cashless payment? Do you have any means of cashless payment?
5. Has a broker/dealer ever offered to exchange your old Rs 500 or Rs 1000 notes for a lesser amount?
6. What hardships have you faced due to demonetisation?
7. What is responsible for demonetisation-related hardships?
8. Which of the following in your view is true?
9. Who do you think demonetisation has hit worst?
10. What is your opinion of the the demonetisation move?